Friday, December 16, 2011

#49 - El Dandy


When people think of WCW in the late nineties they naturally think of logical wrestling storylines. Then of course, they think of the money making faction known as the Latino World Order, headlined by none other then El Dandy himself.

While the nWo received all the publicity, it was the LWO that made street gangs such as MS-13 and the Latin Kings popular. Last I checked no one was pimping underage girls and murdering people because of Kevin Nash and Scott Hall, but those three girls found beheaded in the back of a Shell Station? All El Dandy.

Not only did El Dandy possess off the charts charisma and a well sculpted body, but he also had one hell of a head of hair. I know when I think of El Dandy it usually goes hair, bulge and smile in that order. There couldn't be a better prototype for the perfect Hispanic wrestler. I trust that my fellow readers think of him in the same way.

So today we honor El Dandy as the 49th greatest grappler of all time. A distinction he will remember for the rest of his life... assuming he isn't dead yet. I really have no idea.

1 comment: